From the US? Considering an abortion? Go to http://abortionsafety.com/index.php, a database of abortion malpractice information in the USA.

"When we consider that women are treated as property, it is degrading to women that we should treat our children as property to be disposed of as we see fit." Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Disclaimer: http://prolife-girl.blogspot.ca/2012/07/a-disclaimer.html

Twitter

Sunday 27 May 2012

Quote of the Week: "Abortions exist best in the dark"

Sarah Silverman's controversial abortion "joke".

"'Newt Gingrich's campaign is so dead, Mitt Romney wants to baptize it and Rick Santorum wants to put it in a jar and show it to his kids.' That's the joke that Jimmy Kimmel was going to tell at the White House Correspondent's Dinner. He didn't, but only because an ABC News reporter told him that it could 'cause the room to turn against him'. [...] It's a ghastly goulish joke in which I see no possibility of humor. None. But that's why I wish he would've told it. [...] Abortions exist best in the dark. Abortionists prefer silence. I say let's bring the light. Let's have the conversation. If people knew what went on in clinics they'd turn away in disgust. And I think that most people would be shocked at the flippant manner in which many deal with issues like life. [...] The longer we allow the abortion debate in this country to be spoken in bumper stickers and safe cliches, we lose. [...] I want them to tell their abortion jokes. Why? Because then people will see how unfunny it all is."
-Matthew Archbold

And from the comments (emphasis my own):

"One thing I'll never understand is the oft-repeated statement by pro-'choice' types, 'I would never have an abortion myself, but I believe it should be an option for others.' That makes no sense to me. If it's not a good enough solution for YOU - how is it good enough for someone else?"

Read more at The National Catholic Register:

No comments:

Post a Comment