From the US? Considering an abortion? Go to http://abortionsafety.com/index.php, a database of abortion malpractice information in the USA.

"When we consider that women are treated as property, it is degrading to women that we should treat our children as property to be disposed of as we see fit." Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Disclaimer: http://prolife-girl.blogspot.ca/2012/07/a-disclaimer.html

Twitter

Saturday 25 June 2011

Finding a Voice

To whoever might be reading this (and lets face it, chances are, no one is yet ...)

I am 23 years old. 
I just finished my undergraduate degree, and will be starting my Masters in September. 
I love music, art, and books. 
I waste a ridiculously large amount of time surfing the web. 
I love to travel, but I can't afford to go anywhere interesting. 

In many ways I'm an ordinary young woman, except in one. 

I am 100% pro-life. 
I am against abortion. 
I am against euthanasia and assisted suicide. 
I am against the death penalty and war. 
Basically, I am against anything that involves the killing of another human being. 

This blog, however, is going to focus primarily on abortion. I've decided to start writing about this topic because, in Canada, there are no laws against abortion, and because abortion has largely become associated with the feminist movement and "reproductive freedom". Any laws against abortion are now seen as attacks against women. And I call BS. 

This blog is for any other pro-life girls out there (and I know you must be somewhere!) who feel completely alone and isolated in your beliefs because of the simple fact that others assume that since you are a woman, you should be pro-choice. This is a blog for any girls out there who are silenced by the fear of being rejected and stereotyped for your beliefs. And this blog is especially for anyone, male or female, who is against abortion but who has yet to take any steps to support that position. I am just like all of you, and I am tired of not having a voice. 

This is perhaps a small and timid step towards pro-life activism, but I hope at least a few people find this blog and are able to relate to what I write here. I'm going to try to post at least one article per week, but in the meantime I'll leave you with a couple of interesting links to read through:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ (they have some good articles but sometimes you have to sift through them because a few of their news stories are ridiculous)

<3

2 comments:

  1. :) I've just decided to follow your blog, but I have read it before. Now I find myself at your very first post.

    Kudos to you for your decision to step out and find a voice. This is such a scary issue to step into.

    I'm a young woman myself, 23 years old as I type this. I'm born and raised in Pennsylvania of the US and am in the final year of RN school.
    I'm looking into Certified Nurse Midwifery, but that will require a Doctorate and I think I'll take a school hiatus and get me a job once I get this RN, haha!
    At any rate, I am very much anti-abortion myself. I'm an Anabaptist (Mennonite, actually) and still live in that conservative community, so it's not like I'm without peers who agree with my stance.

    However, abortion is not something that my peers easily talk about...(they can be such a delicate, proper bunch sometimes!)
    As for my non-Anabaptist associates, they're more on the pro-abortion end.

    That's a lot of talk about myself. But it's so good to see other young women taking a stand against abortion and issues of life! Again, thank you for speaking out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! I can't tell you how much it means to me to be in contact (even if it is just through the internet! lol) with other young women who see abortion in the same light as I do. As you probably know since you read my blog, most of my closest childhood friends are pro-choice, and though my family is quite conservative in the conventional sense of the word abortion is NEVER discussed and, in fact, I've been shocked to find out that a lot of them are pro-choice as well! So not feeling so alone is such a great thing for me :) Thanks again!

      P.S. Work vs. staying in school - that is a dilemma that I have also struggled with (still do). Enrolling in a doctorate program is a BIG commitment. Only advice I can give (and I can't actually follow this advice myself since I still don't know what my heart wants me to do!) is just follow your heart and do what makes you happy! ^_^

      Delete