From the US? Considering an abortion? Go to http://abortionsafety.com/index.php, a database of abortion malpractice information in the USA.

"When we consider that women are treated as property, it is degrading to women that we should treat our children as property to be disposed of as we see fit." Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Disclaimer: http://prolife-girl.blogspot.ca/2012/07/a-disclaimer.html

Twitter

Friday 17 August 2012

Sometimes I wonder


Sometimes I wonder why I have to care so much.

Life would be so much easier ...

If I didn't know that millions and millions of unborn babies have been violently killed.

If I didn't know that there are respected scholars that advocate for the use of infanticide.

If I didn't know that there are still people in this world who discriminate based on sex or ability.

If I didn't know that there are medical ethicists who believe that good parenting means babies should be screened in utero for "lesser genes" and then killed if they don't make the cut.

If I didn't know that people see no problem with implying that those with Down Syndrome are ugly or sub-par.

If I didn't know that Canada is on the verge of legalizing assisted suicide and euthanasia - because suicide prevention is only a noble goal if your trying to save someone young and healthy and healthcare is just so expensive.

If I didn't know that there are people who are being tortured, burned, stoned, crucified, and murdered for their beliefs.

If I didn't know that millions of girls are missing through female feticide and gendercide.

If I didn't know that women in China are forced to undergo abortions, or are fined ridiculous sums of money just for the right to remain pregnant.

If I didn't know that there are regular, everyday people who support all of the above things.

Sometimes the world just looks so bleak that I don't know what to do with myself.
My greatest dream in life is to become a mom, but when I get overwhelmed by the negativity I wonder what the point of having a child would be.
How could I bring someone else into this mess?
How do I keep my sense of hope alive?

2 comments:

  1. The thought of bringing children into this world sometimes seems nearly cruel to me, as well. Besides, this world doesn't even WANT children anymore

    And some of the things people say... it's heartbreaking. It's infuriating. It's idiotic.

    But we're told not to lose heart.

    And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. -Galatians 6:9, AKJV

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for the reminder! I suppose if it was easy not to lose heart, it wouldn't be all that worth doing! I always try to remind myself that if I lose faith, then why would anyone else care as well? But if I do care, maybe I can inspire someone else to as well.

      Delete